Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thank you and quick update

I want to publicly thank my coworker or coworkers who recently donated unused Paid Time Off hours to me.  I recently received a nice check that was very much appreciated and will be put to good use.  The pundits who say the economic recovery in the US is here don't live near us, that is for sure.  Jim is still looking for a job and the pickings are very slim.   Bleah.  If something doesn't give soon, Carly will have to leave her preschool.  That would be a shame because she is doing so well in her new class, and really enjoys it there.  We will see...

I'm a week into my second cycle of Sutent.  So far, so good... my tongue has an interesting line of demarcation on it; from the line to the tip it's more sensitive and the surface is bumpier.  It's sensitive to heat and spice, as it was last cycle; I'm just waiting to see if it gets more pronounced as the level of drug builds up in my system.  My digestive system is also a bit wonky again, but fortunately so far nothing major.  This afternoon I was looking in the mirror in the restroom at work and noticed that my eyebrows look very white.  The light in the lavatory is horrible so I wasn't sure I could trust what I saw.  So, I marched into my coworker Patty's cubicle and asked her what she thought.  She confirmed the whiteness... I'm not a makeup girl most of the time but I might start back up now...

I think I have more to say, but I've been interrupted a number of times already, so I'll have to try to regroup later.  Ta ta...

1 comment:

Minnie said...

Hi, just me again, wondering how you are and how the Sutent is treating you and how your girls are and how your husband is and just how you are holding up. This is not a "let me know how you are or else!" message but rather to let you know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. You are an incredibly brave and special person and I hope those around you know and appreciate that. You are a blessing in my life so no pressure... but keep up the good work! Much love
Minnie