Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Grumble

Jim took the girls to Rebecca's softball game last night and I stayed home for some "me" time.  Usually I go to their activities unless I have a schedule conflict, or when I was in treatment and wasn't feeling well enough to go.  However, I am almost never home alone, and the past several days have been particularly busy, so when Jim suggested I skip the game, I agreed.

Needless to say, I spent part of that time doing dishes and laundry, and going through the mail. I promised myself that if I did a little housework, I would be able to go spend some time reading or web-surfing relatively guilt-free.  I was able to do that, but spent more time on chores than I had planned.

To top it off, Rebecca came home holding the game ball, which her coach had awarded her for making two outs in a row at first base.  The one game I missed, and I wasn't there to see her great play.

ARGH!

No comments: