Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Random bits of nonsense

The other day on Facebook, when I tried to search for someone, I got this message:

Search is currently unavailable.

Please try again at a later time or right now.

*****

My friend Ellen went carpet shopping recently. Some of the carpeting she looked at was made of "undetermined materials." What??????

*****

How can "Glee" be named the "new hit show" on the night of its premiere?

*****

One recent weekend day, I happened to be driving by myself. I am alone in the car all week and usually listen to audio books. I was out of "reading" material so was scanning the radio for good tunes. I happened upon a Van Halen song that I used to love but hadn't heard in a long time, so I cranked the volume. At some point it occurred to me that driving down the interstate, blasting Van Halen from a minivan must look rather preposterous to passersby.

*****

A 3 yr old is a poor player of "Rock-Paper-Scissors". Of course, if you are her 6yr old opponent, you constantly want to use this game as a way to settle disputes.

*****

Please feel free to add your own in comments.





1 comment:

Pollyanna said...

I love these. I am totally going to use rock-paper-scissor for arguements from now on;)