Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

I was able to come home yesterday afternoon, which was thrilling! However, I'm not exactly doing any jigs, as those would be terribly painful right now.

The short story: Spot is gone, along with a bit of surrounding tissue. He was actually hiding behind a rib, so they had to go between the bottom two ribs to get to him. Prior to surgery, the resident had told me that they might have to resect part of the bottom rib to get where they needed to go, but in the end they didn't.
More later; I'm just up to get something to drink and take some percoset. The percoset might make for some fun posts later!

5 comments:

sherri said...

So glad to hear from you. Bon Voyage Spot! You seem to be in good spirits. I hope the healing goes well.

Bec said...

Liz, I'm glad all went well. I feel behind on everything -- sorry I didn't comment sooner. Big hugs and best wishes for fast healing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, I'm glad to hear you're at home and starting the mending process. Thanks to Jay for forwarding your blog updates. Take care! Irma K.

Natalie said...

Liz, I've been thinking about you - especially yesterday - so I'm glad to read your post. And I'm especially glad that Spot is gone, and that they didn't have to resect part of your rib, too. I hope his excursion to the research department will yield good information for those who are dealing with this. Peace and healing to you. :)

Sherry S. said...

Liz,
I'm glad you're home!
I hope all goes well so
you can have a fun
spring break with your girls!!!