Friday, February 20, 2009

Cleared for takeoff

After a minor glitch - they forgot to put me in the scheduling system - I am confirmed for surgery on Monday morning, and cleared for anesthesia. Very important, that clearance, as I don't really want to be awake for the procedure. :-) I am first on the schedule, so I have to be at the hospital at 6AM. Other than having to get up at an ungodly hour, I am happy to be going in early. It's conceivable that I could be out of there by noon, resting in my own home soon after.

I also met with a research nurse from the cancer center and signed a consent for them to take part of Spot for research. With lots of new drugs in the pipeline, what they learn about RCC from the patient tumors is invaluable. I'm glad I can help; I don't know why anyone would decline to consent.

I'll have more to say about it afterward, I'm sure. Thanks to everyone for all of your continued prayers, PVs and support.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Best wishes, Liz!

sherri said...

I'll be praying for you Liz!

Sherry S. said...

Good luck, Liz, and good bye, Spot!!!

(((((Big hugs & good thoughts)))))

Love,
Sherry S.

Another Julia said...

Thinking about you, Liz--prayers are going up!
I'm hoping for really good news for you...fingers crossed, too.