Thursday, January 22, 2009

Clarification of thoughts

I dashed off the last post last night, and as I was falling asleep, it occurred to me that I didn't properly express my gratitude that my scan results were as good as they were. I am actually thrilled and relieved about that, beyond measure. Only having to focus on one little spot is a great place to be, cancer-wise.
Unfortunately, I am not as patient a person as I would like. I am having a hard time mentally having to wait to find out what the next step is, when it will take place, and what might happen after that. There are lots of things I want or need to plan for or schedule, that I am holding off on because of this waiting. As I write this, I realize that I could just go ahead and schedule the other events and appointments, but I hate to reschedule things. Wah, huh?
I do think I have probably said before that I think that this cancer experience was given to me in part to teach me patience. And so in that vein, I am in the midst of a lesson.

No comments: