Saturday, December 20, 2008

Off hiatus, hopefully

Wow... two months since I last posted. I'm not going to get angry with myself about it, but hopefully will not let that happen again. Life has been so very hectic and when I finally have time to sit down and write, I am exhausted. But I have a lot in my head and my heart that I need to let out, so this will probably be the place where I do it. I've debated whether I should just keep a private journal instead, but decided that I don't mind baring myself to the people who know me, whether that is face-to-face or just as words and images on the screen... and the second group has grown to be as important to me as the first. There may be times when my words are dark, and if they bother you, don't read them. For a long time I have not expressed my hardships to other people, as a way to protect them from joining in my sadness, or because I was embarrassed or ashamed of my feelings. This practice has been very unhealthy for me, because it has also allowed me to hide from my feelings too.

Anyhow, I won't always be dark or serious, because that is not who I am... this is one silly mama you're reading, after all. And I have some fun photos and stories to post, so with a little bit of gentle prodding of myself, I plan to be a more regular voice.

1 comment:

sherri said...

I look forward to your regular voice Liz. I think it's all too easy, in blogland, real life public, etc. to think that everything is always sunny for everyone else. BTW, thanks for the lovely Xmas card.