Saturday, May 17, 2008

Three year anniversary

I am sooo behind... last Saturday was the three year anniversary of my simultaneously being confirmed to have, then likely cured of, cancer. Most of the time it seems like it never happened; the only time I focus on it is when my next CT scan is looming... not until July for the next one. It's been a weird time as I know other people who are currently fighting a battle with cancer or other serious diseases. By contrast, I almost feel like I can't be classified as a "cancer survivor" because I didn't know for sure I had cancer until it was gone, and have fortunately needed no other treatment. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful and happy that I haven't had to fight, especially since metastatic kidney cancer is only just now benefiting from research to the point where there are a few drugs available. I am not sure what I am trying to say, other than it just feels surreal to me.

No comments: