Monday, May 05, 2008

Polka dot dresses

A few people have commented to me about the girls' dresses in the photo here. They are cute, aren't they? We went to Kohl's a few weeks ago to get some spring clothes for Rebecca; being the firstborn she gets a new wardrobe every new size/season. :-) She loves dresses and saw the red one on a sale rack. I tossed it in the cart and continued shopping. We meandered over to the toddler section; while Caroline doesn't "need" new clothes, I thought she should get something since sissy was getting a lot. Usually she likes pants better than dresses, but I thought a cute dress would be fun. I pointed out a number of dresses, including one with Dora the Explorer on the front - or as C calls her, Dora Ta Plora. No dice. Next thing I know, C was standing next to a rack of fancy dresses, telling me she wanted the blue dress. It was fancier than I thought she would like but the price was right so I got it.
It wasn't until we got home and they put on a fashion show for Daddy that we realized that the dresses were the same style, just in different colors! I like that they "match" but are not exactly the same, even though we have a pair of totally matching dresses in their closet. (Easter dresses that couldn't be worn due to the cold temperature.) On the day the photo was taken, their grandmother had taken them downtown to see The Emperor's Groovy New Clothes. They both wanted to wear dresses to the play, and I like dressing them up for grandma.

1 comment:

sherry said...

All three of you look so cute and "springy!" I'm glad you got one sunny day to take the picture. I'm tired of all the spring rain already!!!!