Sunday, January 28, 2007

Very good news

"No change". Such a beautiful phrase when you're talking about possible growth of cancer. On Tuesday I was waiting for the doctor to call, but had to leave early to take Carly for her well-check. So I emailed him with my cell phone number and asked him to call me. He did call, as I was pulling into the girls' day care. He had the results of the abdominal and pelvic scans, which showed that the enlarged lymph nodes they're watching have not grown. However, the chest CT is read by a different radiologist and that report wasn't in yet. So I had to wait another night for the full results.

On Wednesday I was in a class all day, so Dr. R called me on my cell while I was on my way to class. (He's a great guy!) The lung nodule has not changed. So, while he remains "suspicious, because that is {his} job", he said that it made sense to wait 5-6 months for the next scan. So I can relax for the next 5 months and 3 weeks. :-) I was talking via email with his nurse the next day and I told her that they have been so good to me but I hope I don't get to know them any better, lol. She agreed. :-)

By the way, my plan to be better hydrated and therefore have easier-to-find veins wasn't as successful as I'd hoped. I ended up with 4 sticks, which was better than the 6 sticks last time, but was still not fun. Then on Wednesday morning I noticed that the site of one of the sticks was a bit infected. I put neosporin on it and it seemed to get better, but got worse again Thursday afternoon. I called my doctor's office and now am on an antibiotic for 10 days.

I celebrated by having a Pampered Chef party at my house on Friday! (Hey, if you need any Pampered Chef items, email me! You can order online through Monday, lol!) Ok, so I had actually committed to this back in November, but still... it was good timing. I had invited a number of former work friends, some of whom I haven't seen in a long time. It was wonderful to reconnect with these ladies. Of course I was stressed about the condition of the house. Up until about 2 hours before party time the living room looked like a toy factory explosion. And I had really hoped that Jim and I would get rid of more junk that is lining the hallways. But it just didn't happen, so I just pressed forward. This year I am trying to make more of an effort to see friends and do fun things, rather than just talking about how "we need to get together!" Life is too short, even when you don't have a cancer scare.

No comments: