Monday, January 22, 2007

Today is the next check point

And I am nervous... it's been 5 months, so time for my next CT scan to see if there is any change. I'm hopeful that everything is stable, but until I hear my oncologist tell me that, I am a bit scared. I'm trying something a little "new" today before my test. Usually I schedule it for first thing in the morning, to get it out of the way. I have to be NPO (nothing to eat or drink) for 4 hours before the test, which has ended up being more like 12 hours. Then they always have a really hard time finding a vein to place the IV line for the contrast. Once long ago when donating blood I was told to make sure I drank a lot of fluids prior to donating, to hydrate myself and "plump up" my veins. So, I scheduled this test for the afternoon (3:15PM EST) and am drinking away this morning. We'll see if this helps. I am also sick with a cold so hopefully that isn't dehydrating me too much.

I'll post after I talk to the doctor.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

PVs, Liz, for all good news and an easy vein for the draw. :)

sherry s. said...

PVs & prayers for you.

Regina said...

Liz
it is 3:38 on my clock - thinking of you...