Monday, July 17, 2006

Scan results from 7/14

Went on Friday for my comparison CT scans of my chest to pelvis - nothing like looking at all the innards. :-) I had to drink 2 bottles of redi-cat aka "prep" aka the most disgusting drink I ever encountered. While I am pretty capable of doing whatever is needed to get through a medical procedure, drinking this stuff was a challenge at best. Going into detail brings yucky flashbasks, so suffice it to say you would not like this drink either.

The test itself was easy. The tech was able to find a vein for the IV contrast in only the second spot he tried, and with only one poke to my as previously mentioned shy veins. The appointment was scheduled for 9AM and I walked out of the office at 9:12. Beachwood Radiology rocks!

This morning I emailed Dr. Rini about my results and he called back right away. Good news... everything is exactly the same; nothing has grown. He remains "unconvinced" but agreed that this is good news for now. He wants me to have a repeat scan in 8-12 weeks, and wants me to have it at Beachwood to use the same machine. His nurse, Jeanie, emailed me to let me know the appointment is scheduled for 9/29 - I had told her any day/time was fine but that I would prefer not to have to drink redi-cat on my birthday, which is 9/25. Here was her reply:

"Now, as an early birthday gift, I have arranged for you to NOT DRINK THE REDI-CAT (unless you prefer to!).
Instead, arrive ONE HOUR BEFORE your appt., tell them that you need to drink the contrast (that is not RediCat) that they have there, per my conversation with Diana in CT today. They have this stuff available for people who either (1) "forget" to drink the RediCat or (2) can't tolerate it (I told them that you can not tolerate it.)

Patients say that it's much better tasting than the RediCat (and it's only 1 bottle vs. 2!)"

Jeanie rocks!

I am very happy; I get to enjoy the rest of the summer without being on treatment.

8 comments:

Jacqueline said...

great and amazing news, Liz.

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

Now sit back and relax with out worry and ejoy the rest of your summer!

sherrimc99 said...

I'll say it again - Good News! How cool that the Radiology staff are working with you to make the process more palatable.

Natalie said...

Hooray for Jeanie! I agree with Dori - I think this calls for some summertime fun and relaxation... :)

Sarah said...

I'm so happy for you, Liz! And it sounds like you're in good hands. I agree, Jeanie rocks!

patience said...

Everything sounds wonderful! It sounds like you have a doctor who is being very cautious and thorough. Best of luck to you in your health! Just don't forget to live your life between all these doctor visits!

sherry said...

.·:*¨¨*:·. HAPPY!!! .·:*¨¨*:·.

Natalie said...

Liz, if you're inclined, hop over to my bloggie for some questions; I'm tagging you if you have the time. :D
(Still doing the happy dance for you, by the way!)