Tuesday, July 25, 2006

CTTSD 7/24

That's Cute Things They Say and Do, for those of you unfamiliar with one of the kazillion internet acronyms.

Carly is just hilarious these days. She has decided that she doesn't like baby food at home any more, though she will eat it at day care. She is doing well trying out what we're eating. Last night was broiled pork chops and pierogies. I didn't know if she would eat the tiny bits of pork but she did, and she *loved* the pierogie. It was a messy time, but very cute. Of course my camera is currently hiding but next time I hope to get some pics.

She's starting to try to communicate verbally; she says "uh oh" at times. Her favorite sound right now is "OT!" (rhymes with hot) She just seems to like the sound of it; she doesn't say it in any context that we can detect but if we say it to her, she'll repeat it back, which cracks us all up. She and I were OT-ing our way through the grocery store on Sunday, much to the amusement of other shoppers.

Last night I was trying to put her down for the night, as she was super tired and crabby. Silly girl doesn't nap much at day care so is verrrrry tired by the evening. Usually she'll drink all or part of a bottle, then lay on my (or Jim's) chest until she is asleep or almost; then we lay her in her crib. Well, last night she was not going down! She rolled onto my chest and laid there for a couple of minutes, making me think she was drifting off, then kept popping her head up and grinning at me. At one point she crawled up my chest, pressed her forehead to mine and stared into my eyes! Then the next time she crawled up my chest she pressed her open mouth to mine... I think she was trying to kiss me. So sweet! Makes it hard to be annoyed that she was not falling asleep. Finally Jim came up to try his hand and she finally dropped off.

She is quite the dolly these days...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a sweetie! : )

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

They are so cute now...and the snuggling is just special.

Hugs!