Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I have a date...

for my biopsy. I am to report to the hospital at 8:30 next Tuesday, June 20. They will do the biopsy under CT guidance. When I had the kidney biopsied, it was done under ultrasound due to my pregnancy. Then, they couldn't give me anything to knock me out or twilight me due to my pregnancy. They told me they don't anesthetize for lung biopsies, so I'll be 2 for 2 for awake biopsies... oh joy. But it will be over soon enough, then the true waiting will begin. It takes 3-5 days to get results, so I won't know anything until the end of next week at least. I'm expecting the worst, hoping that maybe somehow it's just "gunk", but hoping that they can tell me that it is definitively *something* one way or another. With the kidney the biopsy was inconclusive, though that turned out to be malignant as we know.

I will ride in to the hospital with Jim that day. I told him not to take off the morning and sit down there; it's a waste of his time. They can page him when I am done and ready to go home. He'll drive me home probably around noontime.

It will be good to have an answer, at least.

5 comments:

Francine said...

I don't know you, Liz, but we have a friend in common :). I just wanted to let you know that I'll be keeping you in my thoughs and prayers, all the way across the ocean, in Holland.

patience said...

Good luck to you with your health! You simply must stay well for those two beautiful girls! Think positive thoughts, pray a lot! And live!

Julia L. said...

Hi Liz--
I saw your post on OMOM (I'm not so good at posting there--just lurking around and missing the group. No time!). I am so sorry that you have to worry about cancer again...I hope that you get great news with your biopsy, that it is indeed "gunk", and that you can put this episode behind you. Cancer just sucks. I hope that you don't have to go another round with it---but if you do, you'll just have to kick its butt. Again!
You're in my prayers--
Julia L. from OMOM

Natalie said...

Sending you love, hugs, prayers and PVs, Liz. I'll be thinking of you all morning tomorrow!

dj said...

Liz, my prayers are with you. Please let me know if there is anything you need.